Steven Pinker thinks ChatGPT is truly impressive — and will be even more so once it “stops making stuff up”. But its powers may be limited if only because its knowledge about empirical reality is limited by what it can observe. There is no omniscient and omnipotent wonder algorithm.
This and more in Vernacular NICELY SAID issue 27.
- Brands – Are they protected in the Metaverse?
- Editing – The world through the eyes of a copy editor
- Communication – How talking less will get you more
- Ideas – Where do they come from?
- Science – The DIY scientist, the olympian, and the mutated gene