27 years ago, Hoover offered two free international flights with any £100 purchase. Today, it’s remembered as the worst sales promotion in history.
This and other shock and awe in Vernacular NICELY SAID issue 25.
- Marketing – Turn features into benefits
- Treasure Hunting – The Indiana Jones of old jeans
- Irrational obsession – Walt’s “useless” backyard model train
- Expectations and reality – When you expect nothing you’re never disappointed
- Hooks and headlines – A good headline is a rare thing